Do you have a great idea for enhancing one of the Quick Starts in our catalog, or you found a bug that you’d like to fix? All Quick Start code is maintained in the AWS Quick Start GitHub organization so you can share your code revisions with other builders and users:
- Tell us about your suggestion or fix by posting a comment in the Issues section of the repository.
Fork the repository and clone it recursively to your computer, to initialize and pull all the submodules referenced in the Quick Start:
git clone --recursive email@example.com:<your-github-username>/<repo-name>.git
From your locally cloned repository, switch to the develop branch:
git checkout develop
- Make your changes, following the standards and best practices in the builder’s guide.
- Test your templates, using the tools and techniques discussed in the tester’s guide.
- Commit your changes in GitHub (see the Git documentation for instructions). Include a detailed summary of your changes.
- Make a pull request against the
aws-quickstartrepository’s develop branch.
- The Quick Start team will review your pull request, and one of our solutions architects will provide feedback.
- If we determine that your changes will be useful to others, we’ll ask you to agree to the Apache 2.0 licensing terms, and merge the pull request to make your code available to the Quick Start user community.