Did you find a bug, or do you have a great idea for improving one of our Quick Starts? All Quick Start code is maintained in the AWS Quick Start GitHub organization so you can share your code revisions with other builders and users:
- Tell us about your idea by posting a comment in the Issues section of the repository.
To initialize and pull all the referenced submodules, fork the repository and clone it recursively to your computer:
git clone --recursive firstname.lastname@example.org:<your-github-username>/<repo-name>.git
From your local repository, switch to the develop branch:
git checkout develop
- Make your changes by following the standards and best practices in the builder’s guide.
- Test your templates using the tools and techniques discussed in the tester’s guide.
- Commit your changes in GitHub (see the Git documentation for instructions), and include a detailed summary of your changes.
- Submit a pull request for the
aws-quickstartrepository’s develop branch.
- The Quick Start team will review your pull request and provide feedback.
- If the Quick Start team determines that your changes are useful, we’ll ask you to agree to the Apache 2.0 licensing terms and merge the pull request to make your code available to the Quick Start user community.